Looking for something besides a bike tour through Tucson's historic neighborhoods or a bike rental along The Loop bike path? Check out the links for information about Tucson's bike scene!
Tucson is a go-to destination for road cycling due to the warm weather, wide variety of routes, and plethora of riding groups. Some resources to help you hang in a peloton or break away solo.
- BikeAZ - Good place for general info about Tucson road biking.
- Top rides - There are too many to list, but here are ten great ones.
- Car-free Sabino Canyon - For a beautiful stress-free ride, bike early or late 5 days a week.
- El Tour de Tucson - A premier road biking event every November.
- Group rides - You'll be hard pressed to find a better group ride scene in the country.
- Youth programs - Getting kids on bikes, whether it's just for fun or racing.
When it's freezing cold elsewhere, Tucson's mountains and hills are perfect for trail riding. From crazy technical to chill paths, Tucson has something for everyone.
- BikeAZ - Good place for general info about Tucson mountain biking.
- Trails - There are so many to pick from!
- In-town rides - You can stay in town and still shred miles of singletrack!
- 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo - An epic mountain bike event in February.
- Group rides - Plenty of group trail rides can be found.
- High School programs - Awesome! Why didn't they have this when I was in school!
Bike Scene and Culture
Nearest and dearest to our heart is the terrific everyday biking in Tucson. Any day on a bike is a good one and it makes our community a better place.
- Local bike maps - Shows where all of Tucson's bike lanes are, including the 55 mile Loop!
- Bike news - Learn about all the latest developments.
- DIY repairs - For classes, tools, and advice. Really mangled it? Make art!
- BikeFest - The entire month of April is chock full of bike events.
- Safety classes - Learn how to ride safely and maybe even get some free safety gear to boot!
- Cyclovia - Twice a year Tucson closes down streets and has a big bike ride and fiesta.
- Bike Swap - Ready to switch your ride? Bring your bike to the swap and take a new one home.
- Community ride - Meets at 8:30pm every Tuesday at Old Main on the University campus.