BIKE Tour Description
Our guided bike tour is loads of fun and and gives you the best feel for quirky & authentic Tucson. Cruise your way through diverse historic neighborhoods, including:
- Iron Horse - Ride into the belly of a massive rattlesnake at Diamondback bridge.
- Downtown - See the train depot where a city was born. Witness the rebirth of the urban core.
- Presidio - This is where so much began: ancient Hohokam settlements, Tucson's first structures, and the chimichanga!
- Armory Park - This neighborhood has range: from cathedrals to bike thru liquor stores.
- Barrio Viejo - Intimate narrow streets, colorful adobe homes, and fascinating shrines.
- The Loop - Get a closer look at "A" Mountain and the Santa Cruz river, where the Tohono O'odham have farmed for 4,000 years.
- Barrio Anita - Check out old bikes put to new use as local art.
- Dunbar Spring - Warm murals and cool environment, thanks to clever rain harvesting design.
- University - Zip along bustling bike lanes across the beautiful U of A campus.
- 4th Avenue - Pedal down Tucson's funkiest street, past unique shops and meeting spots.
The tour is approximately 10 miles on flat terrain and takes 2 to 2½ hours. While there are certain "must" stops on the itinerary, the guide adjusts each tour to best fit the interests and abilities of the group. Small group sizes (8 max) ensure a personal experience (contact us for large private groups).
- 6am - Best way to beat the heat.
- 9am - Our most popular time, deservedly so! Day Tours Video
- 12pm noon - A great option in the "cold" months.
- 3pm - Get in a ride before happy hour.
- 6/7pm - Includes bike lights. Different feel! Night Tour Video
- $45 per person
The tour includes an individually fitted bicycle, helmet and, of course, a friendly and knowledgeable guide. Just show up ready to ride. Immerse yourself in the distinct historic neighborhoods of Tucson!
What to Expect
- Tour is 2 to 2½ hours long.
- About 10 miles (16km) on flat terrain.
- The pace is relaxed and there are frequent stops at points of interest.
- The route mostly follows quiet streets or bike lanes.
- Bikes have a single gear, rear coaster brakes, and front lever brakes.
- Tour includes guide, bike, helmet, and water. The bikes have handlebar bags.
- Feel free to bring your own snack.
- Tour meets and ends from the Tucson Bike Tours office off 4th Avenue.
- Riders must be 4'8" to 6'6" tall (142-198cm).
- Please arrive 15 minutes before departure.
- Tickets are non-refundable but can be re-scheduled with at least 48 hours notice.
- A signed release form is required.