BIKE Tour Description
Our guided bike tour is loads of fun and and gives you the best feel for authentic Tucson. Cruise your way through diverse historic neighborhoods, including:
- Iron Horse - Ride into the belly of a massive rattlesnake bridge.
- Downtown - See the old train depot and the revitalized city center.
- Presidio - Tucson's oldest buildings and the birthplace of the chimichanga.
- Barrio Viejo - Colorful adobe homes and fascinating shrines.
- The Loop - Cruise the corridor with the longest farming history in the USA.
- Warehouse Arts District - Check out cool murals.
- 4th Avenue - Pedal our funkiest street, past unique shops and meeting spots.
The tour is approximately 9 to 11 miles on flat terrain and takes about 2½ hours. While there are certain "must" stops on the itinerary, the guide adjusts each tour to best fit the interests and abilities of the group. Small group sizes (8 max) ensure a personal experience. For larger groups, contact us. Meet at our 4th Ave office.
- 7:30am - An earlier start time just for the hot months.
- 9am - Our most popular time, deservedly so! DAY TOUR VIDEO
- 12pm noon - A good option in the "cold" months.
- 3pm - Get in a ride before dinner or drinks downtown.
- 6/7pm - When the sun goes down, the fun goes up! NIGHT TOUR VIDEO
Price & Policies
- $50 per adult
- $40 per youth (17 years & under)
- 100% refundable (if canceled at least one day in advance)
- $40 per person if you bring your own bike (book youth ticket with a note)
Advance tickets required. For short notice "day of" ticket availability, please call or text. The guided tour includes an individually fitted bicycle, helmet, water, and usually a snack of local bakery.
Cancelation and rescheduling requests are due no later than 7pm (mst) the night before your tour. No refunds or reschedules are permitted after this deadline. Earlier notification is appreciated due to the limited capacity of each tour. Bookings made on 3rd party sites, such as TripAdvisor or Expedia, are subject to the policies listed on those sites.
What to Expect
- Tour is about 2½ hours long.
- About 10 miles (16km) on flat terrain.
- The pace is relaxed and there are frequent stops at points of interest.
- The route mostly follows quiet streets or bike lanes.
- Bikes have a single gear, rear coaster brakes, and front lever brakes.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before departure.
- Advance tickets required. For short notice "day of" ticket requests, please call/text.
- Bikes include helmet, water bottle, handlebar bag, and lights at night.
- Tour meets and ends from the Tucson Bike Tours office off 4th Avenue.
- Riders must be 4'8" to 6'6" tall (142-198cm).
- A signed release form is required.