BIKE Tour Description
Our guided bike tour is loads of fun and and gives you the best feel for quirky & authentic Tucson. Just show up at our surprisingly quiet 4th Avenue location and we'll take care of the rest . . . well, not the peddling. Cruise your way through diverse historic neighborhoods, including:
- Iron Horse - Ride into the belly of a massive rattlesnake at Diamondback bridge.
- Downtown - See the train depot where a city was born. Witness the rebirth of the urban core.
- Presidio - This is where so much began: ancient Hohokam settlements, Tucson's first structures, and the chimichanga!
- Armory Park - This neighborhood has range: from cathedrals to bike thru liquor stores.
- Barrio Viejo - Intimate narrow streets, colorful adobe homes, and fascinating shrines.
- The Loop - Get a closer look at "A" Mountain and the Santa Cruz river, where the Tohono O'odham have farmed for 4,000 years.
- Warehouse Arts District - The part of Tucson for cool murals.
- 4th Avenue - Pedal down Tucson's funkiest street, past unique shops and meeting spots.
The tour is approximately 10 miles on flat terrain and takes about 2½ hours. While there are certain "must" stops on the itinerary, the guide adjusts each tour to best fit the interests and abilities of the group. Small group sizes (8 max) ensure a personal experience (contact us for large private groups).
- 6am - Best way to beat the heat certain times of year.
- 9am - Our most popular time, deservedly so! Day Tours Video
- 12pm noon - A good option in the "cold" months.
- 3pm - Get in a ride before dinner or drinks downtown.
- 6/7pm - When the sun goes down, the fun goes up! Night Tour Video
Price & Policies
- $49 per adult
- $39 per youth (17 years & under)
- 100% refundable (if canceled at least one day in advance)
Advance tickets required. For short notice "day of" ticket availability, please call or text. The tour includes an individually fitted bicycle, helmet and, of course, a friendly and knowledgeable guide. Just show up ready to ride. Immerse yourself in the distinct historic neighborhoods of Tucson!
Cancelation and rescheduling requests are due no later than 7pm (mst) the night before your tour. No refunds or reschedules are permitted after this deadline. Earlier notification is appreciated due to the limited capacity of each tour. Bookings made on 3rd party sites, such as TripAdvisor or Expedia, are subject to the policies listed on those sites.
What to Expect
- Tour is about 2½ hours long.
- About 10 miles (16km) on flat terrain.
- The pace is relaxed and there are frequent stops at points of interest.
- The route mostly follows quiet streets or bike lanes.
- Bikes have a single gear, rear coaster brakes, and front lever brakes.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before departure.
- Advance tickets required. For short notice "day of" ticket requests, please call/text.
- Bikes include helmet, water bottle, handlebar bag, and lights at night.
- Tour meets and ends from the Tucson Bike Tours office off 4th Avenue.
- Riders must be 4'8" to 6'6" tall (142-198cm).
- A signed release form is required.