When do Tucson's serious cyclists ride? First thing in the morning! Take a lesson from those who know and join a Sunrise tour. You'll take advantage of cooler temperatures and quieter streets.
You'll see the best of historic Tucson! Starting in the fun and centrally located 4th Avenue Shopping District, cruise your way through colorful barrios and energetic neighborhoods, including:
- 4th Avenue - Pedal down Tucson's funkiest street, past unique shops and meeting spots. Check out post ride breakfast options or stop for an immediate expresso shot if that's required.
- University of Arizona - Enjoy the gorgeous campus and get the cliff notes about its history.
- Iron Horse - Ride your two wheeled steel horse through a massive rattlesnake bridge.
- Downtown - Peddle through the train station that turned Tucson from a town to a city.
- Presidio - This is where so much began: ancient native settlements, Spanish forts, and the birthplace of the chimichanga!
- Barrio Viejo - Historic narrow streets, colorful adobe homes, and facsinating shrines.
- Barrio Santa Rosa - Stop at a bakery that has been serving the best donuts since 1934.
- Armory Park - Once a military base, now an eclectic neighborhood.
The tour includes an individually fitted bicycle, helmet, water and, of course, a friendly and knowledgeable guide. Immerse yourself in the distinct historic neighborhoods of Tucson!
The tour is approximately 8 miles on flat terrain and takes about 2 hours.
Meeting Time: 6:00am
Price: $45 per adult / $30 per youth (includes taxes and fees). Special offer for locals.
Maximum Group Size: Only 7 riders! (contact us for large group pricing and availability)
What to Expect
- Tour is about 2 hours long.
- Approximately 8 miles (13km) on flat terrain. The pace is relaxed.
- The route mostly follows quiet streets or bike lanes.
- Bikes have a single gear, rear coaster brakes, and front lever brakes.
- Tour includes guide, bike, helmet, and water. The bikes have baskets.
- Tour meets and ends from the Tucson Bike Tours office. Item storage available.
- There will be time allotted to stop, take photos, and learn about points of interest.
- Riders must be 4'8" to 6'6" tall (142-198cm).
- Tickets are non-refundable but can be re-scheduled with at least 48 hours notice.
- A signed release form is required.