Our most popular tour. Starting in the fun and centrally located 4th Avenue Shopping District, cruise your way through the best sections of Tucson's historic neighborhoods, including:
- Iron Horse - Ride into the belly of a massive rattlesnake at Diamondback bridge.
- Downtown - Go inside the building where a biking artist perfected Southwest Deco and where an infamous gangster met his end!
- Presidio - This is where so much began: ancient Hohokam settlements, Tucson's first structures, and the chimichanga!
- Armory Park - An incredibly diverse neighborhood. Where else will you find Tolstoy, Gandhi, and Cesar Chavez hanging out together?
- Barrio Viejo - Historic narrow streets, colorful adobe homes, and fascinating shrines.
- The Loop - Get a closer look at "A" Mountain and the Santa Cruz river, the birthplace of Tucson and agriculture in the USA.
- Dunbar Springs - Check out old bikes put to new use as local art.
- University - Zip along bustling bike lanes by the gorgeous U of A campus.
- 4th Avenue - Pedal down Tucson's funkiest street, past unique shops and meeting spots.
The tour includes an individually fitted bicycle, helmet, water, snack, and, of course, a friendly and knowledgeable guide. Just show up ready to ride. Immerse yourself in the distinct historic neighborhoods of Tucson! Video Photos
The tour is approximately 11 miles on flat terrain and takes about 3 hours.
Departure Times: 9:00am and 1:30pm
Price: $60 per adult / $40 per youth
Maximum Group Size: Only 7 riders! (contact us for large group pricing and availability)
What to Expect
- Tour is about 3 hours long.
- About 11 miles (18km) on flat terrain.
- The pace is relaxed and there are frequent stops at points of interest.
- The route mostly follows quiet streets or bike lanes.
- Bikes have a single gear, rear coaster brakes, and front lever brakes.
- Tour includes guide, bike, helmet, and water. The bikes have handlebar bags.
- A snack is provided, but feel free to also bring your own.
- Tour meets and ends from the Tucson Bike Tours office off 4th Avenue.
- Riders must be 4'8" to 6'6" tall (142-198cm).
- Please arrive 15 minutes before departure.
- Tickets are non-refundable but can be re-scheduled with at least 48 hours notice.
- A signed release form is required.